Webinar ran: October 2018
Download the recording and slides using the link at the bottom of the page
EU Regulation 10/2011
brings all European Union legislation on food contact plastics under one umbrella. Its purpose is to limit the release of substances from plastics which may be harmful to human health.
Join Dr Alistair Irvine in this one hour webinar for a summary of the general EU legislation
on all classes of food contact materials, followed by an overview of EU Regulation 10/2011 which puts in place detailed safety rules for food packaging. Alistair then addresses the proposed upcoming amendments and how Smithers sees the legislation developing over the next year.
The webinar covers
- EU Regulation 10/2011 - The Plastics Implementing Measure (The PIM):
- Recent Amendments to The PIM;
- EU Regulations 752/2017, 79/2018 and 831/2018
- Future amendments
- The PIM Guidance Documents
- Bisphenol-A (BPA)
- Progress on Recycling Processes and Active and Intelligent Packaging
- Which materials will the EU Regulate next?
- What impact could Brexit have?
- An end of discussion Q&A.
Alistair manages the Food Contact Team within Smithers. This involves advising clients on the legislation which applies to food packaging in a wide range of different countries and coordinating work programs to ensure that clients' products meet these requirements. His expertize spans all the EU countries, USA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Israel, Russia and all the South American countries.
Find out more about our food contact testing.
Download the webinar below: