We help clients by performing testing to demonstrate conformance with the standards and compatibility with the appropriate accessories and fittings. We can also perform testing to demonstrate non-interconnectable characteristics of connectors intended for different applications.
Connector types tested include:
- Breathing systems and driving gases
- Enteral applications
- Urethral and urinary applications
- Limb cuff inflation
- Neuraxial applications
- Intravascular and hypodermic applications
General requirements for small bore connectors:
- Fluid leakage test method by pressure decay
- Falling drop positive pressure liquid leakage
- Stress cracking
- Resistance to separation from axial load
- Resistance to separation from unscrewing
- Resistance to overriding
- Disconnection by unscrewing
Testing can be performed as part of product development testing or to show conformance with appropriate standard requirements and/or demonstrate that the functional performance of the product satisfies specific design requirements.
Expert support with small bore connectors
Smithers has extensive experience supporting clients with characterisation and verification tests. We also develop and validate bespoke tests, which are subsequently used to provide evidence for regulatory submissions. Our experts provide guidance and support throughout the process ensuring clients have confidence in their product and its eventual use.
Accreditation and Quality
Our laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO 17025, and we can undertake activities with GMP compliance if required.